Tucson Swimming Pool Heater Installation and Repair
For most Tucsonans, pool season runs from late May to September, when daily temperatures reach 90°F and above. While this is a generous amount of time compared to other parts of the country, many of us still wish we could enjoy our pool year round.
If pool temperatures in April and October give you cold feet, a pool heater is the perfect way to extend the swim season. To make the most of your investment, Ambiance offers a range of quality pool heater equipment as well as pool heater repair services to keep your system in good condition.
If you’ve owned a pool heater for a while, it may start to develop problems from regular wear and tear. Here are some common signs of a pool heater in need of repair services:
- Heater keeps shutting off
- Frequent cycling on and off
- Heater wont turn on
- Leaking water
- Water never gets warm enough
- Dark exhaust
- Strange sounds (banging, hissing, popping)
- Error codes
Don’t let a broken water heater keep you from enjoying your pool or spa – give Ambiance a call! Our pool technicians will come over to inspect your system, provide a detailed quote for repair, and get your pool heater back in commission.
If you sign up for weekly pool service from Ambiance, pool heater maintenance is already a part of our routine. We don’t just clean the pool – we check all equipment on a regular basis to monitor performance and catch issues early.
The types of pool heating equipment we offer include electric heat pumps, solar water heaters, and gas water heaters. Each type has unique advantages to consider based on your lifestyle and preferences.
Electric Heat Pumps
Heat pumps work by pulling heat from the air and transferring into the water. This type of system heats up the pool slowly, but it can be left running instead of turned on and off whenever you decide to swim. Once the water reaches your set temperature, you don’t have to wait for the pool to heat up unless you turn the system off.
Although heat pumps have a bigger price tag compared to gas heaters, they are an efficient and eco-friendly option that is less expensive to operate.
Ultratemp® High Performance Heat Pump
- Environmentally Friendly: Uses an environmentally safe, ozone-friendly refrigerant. The UltraTemp heat pump was awarded the Eco Select® Brand for environmental responsibility
- Long-lasting Materials: A 100% pure titanium heat exchanger assures corrosion-free performance for extra-long life. The corrosion-resistant plastic composite cabinet also stands up to severe climates and pool chemicals.
- Easy to Use: An LCD control board displays an intuitive, menu-driven readout with easy to follow, full-word messages (no more codes!).
- AutoSet™ Temperature Control: Monitors water temperature and turns the water circulation pump on and off as needed to maintain desired pool temperatures.
- Automatic Defrost Feature: Can sense refrigerant temperature and prevents UltraTemp from freezing, allowing the heat pump to operate at even lower temperatures.
- Automation Compatible: System is compatible with all automated control packages (e.g. IntelliTouch®, EasyTouch®).
- Emerson Copeland Scroll Compressor: Emerson Copeland scroll compressors are more efficient, durable, reliable and quieter than any piston-driven compressor.
- ETL Mark: Certified as safe to operate according to North American safety standards.
- AHRI Certified: BTU and efficiency performance independently certified by the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
Ultratemp Eti ™ Hybrid Pool Heater
- Innovative Technology: Combines heat pump and gas-fired heating technology (the first of its kind!) with for operation modes to meet your heating and efficiency needs.
- Heat pump for performance efficiency.
- Gas-fired for fast heat up.
- Hybrid Mode automatically calculates the optimal heating needed to achieve the desired temperature and turnaround.
- Dual Mode runs heat pump and gas-fire modes simultaneously for maximum heat output and the fastest possible heatups.
- Long-lasting Materials: Dual titanium heat exchangers for ultimate durability and long-term performance.
- Automation Compatible: Integrates seamlessly with Pentair IntelliCenter™ and EasyTouch® Automation Systems, as well as directly with IntelliFlo® Pumps.
- Environmentally Friendly: Low NOx on the gas-fired side, no ozone-depleting refrigerant in the heat pump. Overall ultra-high efficiency gives your pool a greener footprint.
- Easy to Use: Menu-driven software makes setup and operation simple and fast.
Solar pool heaters use a system of coils that convert sunlight into heat. When pool water flows through the coils, it absorbs the heat and returns to the pool. These systems can be manual or automatic.
The biggest upside to solar heaters is that they are low maintenance, great for the environment, and don’t add to your utility bill. However, they won’t work if the sun isn’t out.
Solartech Solarspiral Pool Heating System
- Environmentally Friendly: Solar energy produces zero pollution and no harm to the environment.
- Cost-Effective: Because solar energy doesn’t add to your utility bill, this system has an estimated payback period of 1-2 years – and it’s a home improvement that adds to the value of your home. When used as a pre-heater, it can reduce the amount of gas needed to heat a pool for year-round swimming by as much as 40-60%.
- Long-lasting Materials: Over 30 years of life expectancy with no maintenance needed. This system is designed to be windproof, and the coils do not deteriorate or break down.
- Versatile Design: Light-weight, freeze resistant, leak-proof solar collectors can be installed on patio covers, flat or tile roofs, even on the ground. SolarTech collectors are the only coil-type solar collectors rated by SRCC.
- Generous Warranty: 15 year warranty, including freeze damage to the collector.
Natural gas pool heaters burn gas to capture heat and transfer it to the water. Gas-fired pool heaters are great for heating your pool fast, although it does add to your utility bill.
This type of pool heater is less expensive upfront and easy to install, making them a good option if you are on a budget. However, they require more frequent maintenance and have a shorter lifespan than electric heat pumps and solar heaters.
ETi 400 High Efficiency Heater
- Cost-Effective: The ETi 400 boasts a record-breaking 96% thermal efficiency. It’s able to put more heat into your pool and less into exhaust, requiring less time to operate and reducing monthly energy costs.
- Long-lasting Materials: The world’s first heater with the TitanTough™ direct-fire pure titanium heat exchanger, the longest-lasting heat exchanger ever built. Titanium is corrosion resistant and can stand up to the harshest water conditions, able to withstand pool water chemistry and 1,800° F flame temperatures.
- Lower CO2 Emissions: High thermal efficiency is also better for the environment. A lower run time per day dramatically reduces emissions, producing 9,699 fewer pounds of CO2 than a conventional heater per year for a 75,000-gallon pool.
- Versatile Design: Flexible venting options, left or right plumbing orientation and certified for indoor and outdoor installation. Can also be converted from Natural to Propane Gas by purchasing a Propane Gas Conversion Kit.
MasterTemp Gas Heater
- Easy to Use: Rotating digital display allows for easy viewing. MasterTemp has user-friendly indicator lights that make system operation and monitoring a snap. The compact design and quiet operation won’t intrude on your swimming and poolside enjoyment.
- Cost-Effective: Best-in-class energy efficiency that heats up your pool fast. The standard copper heat exchanger is 84% efficient, while the heavy-duty (HD) cupro-nickel heat exchanger 82% efficient.
- Environmentally Friendly: Eco-friendly MasterTemp is certified for low NOx emission and outperforms industry standards.
- Long-lasting Materials: Tough, rust proof exterior handles the heat and weathers the elements. The cupro-nickel model can tolerate low pH, high flow, and heavy use.
If you are ready to upgrade to a high-efficiency pool heater, Ambiance can help find the right one for you. Our technicians are all certified and well-versed in the various pool heating systems available on the market, able to properly install, maintain, and repair whatever make or model you choose.